- Excede Injectable -approved for horses. The use of Excede Injectable provides veterinarians, horse owners and caretakers peace of mind, knowing they have selected a product that has been demonstrated to be both safe and effective in horses. Excede Injectable is available through veterinary prescription only.Excede Injectable
- One-of-a-kind. As the first and only sustained-release licensed antibiotic for horses, Excede Injectable offers a full-course of therapy in just 2 doses for the treatment of lower respiratory tract infections caused by susceptible strains of S. zooepidemicus the most common bacterial pathogen isolated from equine respiratory infections.
- Fewer doses. By providing 10 days of therapy in just 2 doses administered 4 days apart, versus 10 daily doses of a comparative antibiotic veterinarians can optimize compliance. Fewer administrations means less potential for missing doses.
- Benefits beyond the bottle. Excede Injectable makes the treatment process less stressful for the horse, horse owner and caretaker. The sustained-release nature of the product means less systemic exposure to the antibiotic with comparable efficacy.
- Exceptional value.Excede Injectable provides a full course of therapy with fewer administrations, making it an affordable option.
Excede Injectable (ceftiofur crystalline free acid) Sterile Suspension is indicated for the treatment of lower respiratory tract infections in horses caused by susceptible strains of Streptococcus equi subspecies zooepidemicus (S. zooepidemicus). S. zooepidemicus is the most common bacterial pathogen isolated from equine respiratory infections.
Excede Injectableis the first and only FDA-approved antibiotic for horses that offers a full course of therapy in just two doses. EXCEDE reduces the treatment requirements from 10 once or twice daily doses of a comparative antibiotic, such as oral trimethoprim-sulfonamide (TMS), to just two doses. This makes treating equine respiratory infections less stressful for the horse and more convenient for the veterinarian and horse owner. It may also be very useful in skin infections and wounds.
Shake well before using. Please make sure all contents are well mixed. Administer two intramuscular injections to the horse, four days apart (96 hours), at a dose of 1.5 mL per 100 pounds of body weight (3.0 mg/lb. or 6.6 mg/kg). A maximum of 20 mL per injection site may be administered. In clinical studies, administration of less than 10 mL per injection site minimized injection site reactions. Therapeutic drug concentrations are maintained for six days after the second injection or a total of 10 days from the beginning of treatment against S. zooepidemicus. Vial contents should be used within 12 weeks after the first dose is removed.
Product should be refrigerated and used within 3 months of opening.
USEF Rules for Excede Injectable :
There are no restrictions to competing while on Excede Injectable except for the 12 hour rule which stipulates that no injections may be given in the 12 hours prior to showing. As muscle irritation and pain can occur at the injection site, it may not be recommended to use this product within 24-72 hours of competition.https://horsemedicare.com/