For regulation and control of the breeding cycle of mares and the maintenance of pregnancy in habitually aborting mares or mares at risk of early abortion.
• To induce ovulatory oestrus early in the breeding season in mares where somefollicular activity exists.
• For the suppression of oestrus either during prolonged oestrus or in normally cyclingmares.
• For the control of the ovarian cycle in breeding mares to allow the most efficient useof the stallion.
• For suppression of oestrus behaviour in fillies and mares engaged in competition.
• For the maintenance of pregnancy in habitually aborting mares or mares at risk of early embryonic death or abortion.
Directions For Use
Mares will begin to show oestrous behaviour 3-5 days after cessation of treatment with Ovu-Mate and ovulate 10-12 days after cessation of treatment.
Dosage for oral administration.
Administer 1 mL Ovu-Mate per 50 kg bodyweight (equivalent to 0.044 mg Altrenogest per kg) daily
(12.5 mL per 625 kg mare). Ovu-Mate may be administered in the feed or orally by syringe.
1. For Regulation and Control ofthe Breeding Cycle of Mares
• For the induction of ovulatory oestrus or to induce cyclical ovarian activity in mareswith some follicle activity early in the breeding season: administer Ovu- Mate daily for 10 consecutive days.
• For the suppression of oestrus in normally cycling mares:administer Ovu- Mate daily for 15 consecutive days.
• For the suppression of prolonged oestrus: administer Ovu-Mate daily for 10 consecutive days.
• To control the breeding cycle of mares to allow programmeduse of the stallion: administer Ovu-Mate daily
for 15 consecutive days.
2. For the Treatment of Habitually Aborting Mares, or Mares at Risk of Early Embryonic Death or Abortion
Administer Ovu-Mate daily, from the 2nd or 3rd day after ovulation in the mated or inseminated mare, continuing until day 120 of gestation.
NOTE: Ultrasound scanning to confirm pregnancy is recommended on day 14 or 15 after ovulation. If the mare is nonpregnant, it
is advised to cease Ovu-Mate administration and to administer an injection of prostaglandin F2 to destroy any luteal tissue that
may still be present, allowing the mare to return to oestrus and be re-mated.
This product is not indicated for use in male horses. This product is contraindicated for use in mares suffering from uterine infections.
• Unused feed must be destroyed and not given to any otheranimals.
• Ovu-Mate must be added to the feed immediately prior to consumption and not stored.
Care should be taken to avoid contact between the solution and women of child bearing age. When using the product wear
rubber gloves. Product is harmful if absorbed by skin contact, inhaled or swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
Do not inhale. After use and before eating, drinking or smoking, wash hands, arms and face thoroughly with soap and water. After each day’s use wash gloves.
Meat Withholding Period: DO NOT USE less than 28 days before slaughter for human consumption.
Racing/Event Withholding Period: If used in performance animals, the regulations of the relevant authorities regarding medication should be observed.
First Aid: If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre.
Disposal: Dispose of empty container by wrapping with paper and putting in garbage.
Storage: Store below 25°C (Air conditioning). Protect from light.